Joy’s 9th Book: The Art Of War
1. What Do I like about it?
As age grows, life becomes more complicated. The wisdom and combat philosophy developed from the brilliant ancient military, Sun Zi still inspired me in a variety of ways. This book is about combat strategy, competition, defensive and offensive tactics, life philosophy, winning and losing in gaining perspective. The wisdom can be applied in every aspect of life. In general, it is a must-read for every thinker, especially if you want to become smarter.
2. What I gained most from the book from last reading:
This is maybe my 100+th times reading this book again, it is still thought-provoking. I can never finish reading this little book!
- The defensive tactic is a tactic secure yourself against defeat.
- Rely not on the likelihood of the enemy’s not coming, but on our own readiness to receive him; not on the chance of his not attacking, bur rather on the face we have made our position unassailable.
- A wise leader plans with considerations of advantages and disadvantage together.
- Make move only when you are at advantage.